Your Privacy Is a Priority to Us
Information We Collect
We collect information from you directly, the devices that you use to interact with us, and third-party analytics providers.
Information You Give to Us
You may provide the following information to us directly when you enter and use our Platform, contact us for support, or purchase products and services:
- Contact information, including name, email address, and phone number.
- Account information, such as username and password.
- Payment information, including credit card information (collected by us or our third-party payment processor) is used only to complete your transaction.
- Information contained in communications to us, including your requests for support or assistance and information necessary to contact you or otherwise fulfill your request. We may ask you to share your screen or chat with us via video conferencing, and we will always ask your permission before recording any of these sessions.
- Information you provide to us to prepare or file a tax return using our Platform, which information may include your Social Security Number, date of birth, income, employment status, marital status, claimed deductions, credits, and other information necessary to accurately complete your tax return (collectively, “Tax Return Information”).
- Banking information, such as account and routing numbers, which we use to facilitate refunds.
- Demographic information.
- Information that you make available to us via a social media platform, including content that you post on our social media pages and community pages.
- Information you submit to inquire about or apply for a job with us.
- Information you provide when you provide customer testimonials or feedback; post comments on our blog or community forums; or participate in our surveys, promotions, marketing events, trade shows, webinars, conferences, training, or product research.
- Any other information you submit to us.
Information We Collect Automatically
- Internet service provider
- Device identification number, including mobile device ID and IP address
- Operating system and browser type
- Analytical information about how you interact with our Platform and services, including how often you use Platform; access dates and times; your activities on our Platform, including page views, mouse clicks, movements, and scrolling activity, events that occur on the Platform; performance information; and referring and exit pages
You may be able to limit access of some of these technologies at the individual browser or device level; however, this limitation may disable or limit some of the features offered. For example, our mobile application may send you push notifications from time to time in order to update you about any events or promotions that we may be running. If you no longer wish to receive proper notifications, we will need to collect certain information about your device such as operating system and user identification information.
Our services are not intended for or directed to children under the age of 13, nor do we knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- Tax preparation and related services: Section 301-7216 of the Internal Revenue Code (“Section 7216”) specifically governs the use and disclosure of “Tax Return Information” as that term is used in Section 7216. Some states may also have additional laws and regulations related to use and disclosure of the same information. We use Tax Return Information only in accordance with those applicable laws and regulations to prepare and assist in preparing a tax return, to provide services associated with preparing a tax return, and to provide you with other products and services you specifically request or consent to, unless otherwise allowed under applicable law. This Platform is intended for tax preparation professionals, not taxpayer consumers, and we do not anticipate any Tax Return Information to be entered by a user of this website (protaxacct.com).
- Service functionality: To complete purchases of products and services you request, including to process payments, fulfill orders, and service communications, as well as to conduct general business operations, such as accounting, recordkeeping, and audits.
- Service improvement: As permitted by law, to improve our services, analyze our customer base and purchasing trends and the effectiveness of our marketing.
- Customer support: As permitted by law, to address questions submitted to our customer or technical support systems and to send updates or security alerts.
- Marketing, advertising, and promotions: As permitted by law, to send marketing messages; to provide notification of new or related products and services, enhancements, and promotions; and to personalize advertisements that you see on our services and third-party online platforms and measure the effectiveness of our advertising.
- Personalization: To personalize your online experience, such as by recording your preferences and settings.
- Security and fraud prevention: To monitor and investigate fraud, identity theft, and other illegal activity; to protect your rights and safety of others; and to protect and secure our services, Platform, assets, network, and business operations.
- Legal compliance: To comply with legal process, such as subpoenas, court orders, warrants and other lawful regulatory or law enforcement requests and to comply with legal requirements.
Unless allowed by applicable law (including Section 7216) and we have your consent, we do not:
- Sell or rent your personal information for money;
- Use Tax Return Information to market products or services unrelated to tax preparation; or
- Share your personal information with third parties for use in their own business.